Thoughtful review of these recommendations and their implementation will significantly reduce the risk of problematic situations when making a trip. Background: The main legal acts regulating relations in the sphere of tourism are the Federal Law “About the basis of tourist activity in the Russian Federation”, the Law “About Protection of Consumer Rights”, the Air Code of the Russian Federation, the Federal Law “On Procedure for Exiting and Entering the Russian Federation”, Code of service for sale of tourism product. Preparing for the trip: In accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation, relevant and reliable information is provided by a travel company employee at the conclusion of the agreement on sale of tourism product. It is recommended to read carefully:
• terms of agreement
• time and procedure for payment
• time for submission of all required documents
• a description of a tourist product qualities, characteristics of transportation and accommodation, insurance terms and conditions
• program of a visit
• other information, reflected in terms of agreement on sale of tourism product and accompanying documents. Conventional symbols, as well as conditions of service fulfillment can be further clarified by a travel company employee.
When concluding an agreement on sale of tourism product you should check with a travel company employee:
• order and time of receipt of shipping documents
• time of arrival at the airport, the train station or the bus station
• other conditions of carriage
• conditions of insurance (health insurance, insurance ”for not leaving”), amount of insurance coverage, procedure when an insured event occurs.
• characteristics and features of accommodation facilities (hotel), check-in and check-out time.
When traveling to visa countries, it is necessary to specify the list of documents required for visa and submit them in advance. During the transit through the territory of other states, you need to clarify whether a transit visa is required. It is necessary to check the validity of passport of each of the tourists - depending on the country, the necessary remaining travelling passport validity varies from 3 to 6 months. In addition, it is recommended to check the conformity of the validity of entries in passports and other documents, signatures and state of seals on the relevant pages and photographs, absence of patches, erasures. When traveling abroad (including the former Soviet Union countries), you must verify the absence of unfulfilled obligations on the territory of the Russian Federation for all the tourists (including unexecuted court decisions relating to the payment of traffic fines, alimony and other payments). Remember that outstanding obligations, the presence of which has been recognized by legally effective decisions of competent authorities of the Russian Federation, may make it difficult or impossible to go on a journey. You should get information regarding the rules of crossing the state border of the Russian Federation and foreign states from a travel company employee. Further relevant information can be specified by calling the airport number, placed on the airport’s Internet website. You should read the rules for travelling abroad with minors, timely execute the necessary documents for their departure (including the consent for the minor’s trip outside the Russian Federation), and if you have questions, clarify them with a travel company employee. It is recommended to clarify the rules of export of funds in rubles and foreign currency from the Russian Federation with a travel company employee. The information, relevant at the time of the trip, is posted on the official website of the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation in the Internet at http://www.fl.customs.ru. It is necessary to obtain information on the presence/absence of circumstances endangering the life or safety of the travelers in the country (place) of temporary stay from a travel company employee. Messages on the relevant threats are published on the official website of the Federal Tourism Agency (Rosturizm) on the Internet at http://www.russiatourism.ru.
Delay and flight cancellation.
In case of delay or cancellation of a flight, in accordance with the general regulations for air transportation of passengers, baggage and cargo, the transport operator has to arrange the following services for passengers at departure and at intermediate points:
• accommodating of a passenger with a child under the age of 7 years in a baby care room;
• two phone calls and two e-mail messages when the flight is delayed for more than 2 hours;
• providing refreshments when the flight is delayed for more than 2 hours;
• providing hot meals when the flight is delayed for more than 4 hours and then every 6 hours during the day and every 8 hours during the night;
• accommodation in a hotel when the flight is delayed for more than 8 hours during the day and more than 6 hours at night;
• delivery by transport from airport to hotel and back, when the hotel is provided at no additional charge.
Return of tickets
The passengers who bought non-refundable tickets can’t get the entire amount paid if they refuse to proceed with the flight.
Procedure for refund for tickets purchased by passengers on the return rates:
• if the passenger has notified the airline about his/her refusal to travel more than 24 hours before the end of check-in - all sum is refunded, except for expenses actually incurred by the air carrier;
• if the passenger has notified the airline about his/her refusal to travel later than 24 hours before the end of check-in, but before the end of the check-in itself – the sum, excluding the forfeit of 25% of the amount paid and expenses actually incurred by the air carrier, is refunded;
• if the passenger has notified the airline about his/her refusal to travel after the end of check-in - no refund.
Passenger can get refund for tickets at any rate, if his/her refusal to travel is caused by his/her illness or illness or death of family members, close relatives, with whom he/she was going to fly. To get refund in such a situation, it is necessary to present documents confirming the cause of refusal, as well as notify the air carrier about the refusal before the end of check-in for the flight. Passenger can also have a refund for tickets when the flight is delayed or there are other violations of federal aviation regulations by the air carrier. Passengers who violate the rules of conduct on board and endanger the safety of the flight, life or health of others, cannot count on a refund of airline tickets. In other cases, passengers who bought tickets on return fares can get a refund excluding the forfeit of 25% of the amount paid and expenses actually incurred by the air carrier.
Права туриста за рубежом
Hotel management has no right to forcibly detain the traveler or his/her documents if tour operator hasn’t paid for accommodation. In the event of this situation, tourists are advised to contact a representative of the host country or a consular office of the Russian Federation, located in the host country. Tourists are also entitled to pay for their accommodation themselves, retaining all the documents proving their expenses. Upon returning home, these documents will be the basis for a claim for reimbursement from the tour operator and the insurance company jointly.
Emergency assistance procedures
Tourists, located outside the Russian Federation, have the right to demand provision of emergency assistance from the compensation fund of association of tour operators in the area of outbound tourism “TURPOMOSCH” (http://www.tourpom.ru, Tel.: +7 (495) 981-5149, 8-800-100-4194 (24/7). Emergency assistance includes:
• transportation of tourists to the final place of the trip by air, rail, road transport, water transport at the discretion of the association of tour operators;
• temporary accommodation in a hotel or other accommodation facility till the start of the trip to the final destination - if the period of forced waiting is more than 12 hours;
• tourist transportation from the hotel location in the country of temporary residence to the point of the start of the trip to the final destination (transfer);
• arrangements for feeding according to physiological norms of human nutrition;
• providing emergency medical and legal assistance;
• providing luggage room.
Tourist claim must contain the following information:
• surname, name and patronymic of a tourist (tourists);
• address of location of a tourist (tourists);
• number of the agreement on sale of tourism product and tour operator (travel agent) name;
• claimer’s contact information;
• circumstances (facts), indicating the impossibility of fulfillment, non-fulfillment or improper fulfillment of obligations by the tour operator under the agreement on sale of tourism product.
The decision on provision of emergency assistance or refusal of such assistance is made by the association of tour operators within 24 hours of receipt of tourist claim. The decision shall be communicated by the association of tour operators to the tourist immediately through all available means of communication. Upon the claim review, the association of tour operators shall make a written decision on the provision of emergency assistance, or refusal to provide it. These rules do not apply to cases of evacuation of tourists from the territory of a foreign country due to emergence of security threats to their life and health under the decision of the President of Russian Federation.
Termination of the contract
Upon termination of the agreement on sale of tourism product on the initiative of the tourist, refund is carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation and the terms of the contract, which must not contradict the requirements of the law. In accordance with the Federal Law “About the basis of tourist activity in the Russian Federation”, trip cancellation conditions are essential terms of the contract and are compulsory to be indicated in the agreement on sale of tourist product.
Claims for service quality are presented to the tour operator within 20 days after the expiration of the agreement and are subject to review within 10 days. Financial support of the tour operator The Federal Law “About the basis of tourist activity in the Russian Federation” warrants mandatory availability of financial support from the tour operators. Information about the tour operators, their registry number, financial support is specified in the agreement on sale of tourist product, as well as on open access on the website www.russiatourism.ru. In case of obligation default by the tour operator, the tourist is entitled to apply to the organization providing financial support (the insurer or guarantor) with an insurance claim.